Economic Reform Management
- indecon (lead)
- TaylorWessing (member)
Capacity building at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister responsible for Economic Policy and Development and chair of the Office for Economic Policy and Development (OEPD) responsible for implementation of the ‘Economic Reform Agenda’. The assignment primerely consisted in organisational and administrative improvements in Policy formulation, coordination and implementation. Particular focus of the Economic Reform Policy was the strengthening of SME.
Advisory support was provided to the DPM Office on:
(a) Organisational and administrative improvements, including, but not limited to:
- Developing institutional and technical capacity in steering, coordinating and monitoring policy making and implementation of the Economic Reform Agenda;
- Development of and putting into practice an efficient methodology for Monitoring the implementation of the Cabinet of Ministers' and DPM acts related to economic policy and development matters in line with best EU practice;
(b) Building capacity for more effective policy formulation and implementation;
- Assistance in prioritisation and implementation economic reform measures;
- Improving the coordination of TA and providing inputs for future programming of EAR TA in the area of enterprise development.
(C) Private Sector Development and support to economic reforms:
- Designing and conducting a survey of the private sector with particular focus on SME to identify required policy measures to enhance business environment, export activities, access to capital and FDI.
Type of Services Provided
Public administration reform:
- Capacity and functional assessment of the selected institutions coordinated by the Deputy Prime Minister’s (DPM) Office;
- Drafting Procedure Manual for Submission of documents related to economic policy and development to the GoM;
- Training seminars for civil servants on preparation of public policy documents and legal drafting;
- Provide quality standards, examples of best practises in preparation of public policy documents;
Private Sector Development / SME Development and support to economic reforms:
- Providing TA to implementation of selected priority projects with particular focus on enhancing private sector development, improving business environment and improving conditions for FDI;
- Conducting a survey of the private sector with particular focus on SMEs about required measures to enhance business environment, export activities, access to capital and FDI and, amongst other establishing a permanent Forum for consultations with private sector;
- Survey of Business Environment in Municipalities to identify the different applied business conditions;
- Conducting a survey on corporate governance practises in Montenegro;
- Presenting and discussing conclusions with stakeholders and general public followed by the formulation of recommended policy reforms and respective strategies to overcome the identified challenges.